As your Houston real estate team, it pleases us to know that you’re enjoying all that the Houston area has to offer! There are always so many events and activities to partake in on every given day and weekend. To help you plan for the next upcoming weeks, here are a few noteworthy events taking place in Houston. Mark them in your calendar and enjoy!
1. Head to Market Square Park on May 9 for the Bayou Jamboree & Gumbo Showdown from 2 to 6 p.m. Saint Arnold Brewing Company and the Downtown District are partnering up for this event, to bring you beer, gumbo and Cajun cuisine, along with horn-blowing and Cajun two-stepping. Teams will be competing for the best gumbo award, and you can taste them all!
2. For Mother’s Day, head to Bayou Bend Collection and Gardens on May 10 from 1 to 4 p.m. for live harp music, a complimentary glass of lemonade and cookie, shopping specials at The Shop at Bayou Bend, and discounted admission. It’s free for moms and grandmas. Or, you could head to the Downtown Aquarium in Houston for a Mother’s Day Buffet from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Cost includes over 40 buffet items to choose from, admission to aquarium, ride passes, live entertainment and more.
3. Head to Silver Street Studios on May 13 with an appetite for CultureMap Houston’s Tastemaker Awards! From 6 to 9 p.m., you can watch as awards are given out to the winners of the food and beverage community in Houston, selected by their peers. General admission costs $45 and includes bites by 12 nominated restaurants, beverages and valet. Tickets cost $35 for those age 35 and younger.
4. If you love Greek food, you’ll love the 20th annual Houston Greek Fest, taking place May 14 through May 17. Adult admission only costs $3 and kids under age 10 are free. You can enjoy tours of St. Basil Greek Orthodox Church, where the event is held, dance performances, an array of Greek food and beverages, a gyro-eating contest and Greek arts and crafts. Bring the whole family, there are activities for everyone of all ages.
5. Sci-fi, fantasy and comic lovers unite at Comicpalooza May 22 to May 25 at George R. Brown Convention Center. The four-day extravaganza includes panels, workshops, games, concerts, sports matches, demonstrations, performances and much more, with over 1,000 hours of programming! You can expect to see celebrity guest appearances at the event as well.
Enjoy these springtime events in Houston, and when you’re ready to sell your Houston home, or ready to buy a Houston home, contact us, your Houston real estate team! We are always here and ready to help when you need it.
Keller Williams Realty
Search Houston Properties