The holiday season has officially begun in Houston! As your local real estate team, we want to fill you in on the fun, festive holiday festivals coming up in the month of December, so that you can get out and enjoy all that the Houston area has to offer this time of year. The city is lit up for the holidays, but the weather is usually still warm, so we get to enjoy the best of both worlds!
Mark your calendar for these holiday festivals taking place in the Houston area this season:
1. Festival of Lights takes place now through Jan. 8 at Moody Gardens, and it is the Gulf Coast’s largest holiday lighting event! Enjoy a 100-foot slide, ice skating and a mile-long trail of over one million lights and sound-animated displays. It is a beautiful sight over Galveston Bay and worth the drive.
2. Head to Houston Zoo now through Jan. 14 to view Zoo Lights! Enjoy festive holiday music while you sip hot chocolate and view thousands of holiday lights on the oak trees, animated animal sculptures, colorful projections over 15 feet tall and more. You might view a few nocturnal animals, too!
3. Magical Winter Lights is Houston’s largest holiday light festival, and it is the largest lantern festival of its kind in the entire country. This runs now through Jan. 8 at Gulf Greyhound Park. Walk through this year’s six themed sections, including Magical Wonderland, Dinosaur Land and more. It also includes 3-D art installation, acrobatic performances, amusement rides and so much more!
4. There is little you won’t find at Winterfest at Typhoon Texas in Katy. Take a short drive for the Miracle of Christmas 4D Show, the WinterFest Express Train Ride, the Reindeer Run Big Slide, a petting zoo, pony rides, Santa’s Workshop, hay rides, ice skating, miles of holiday lights and more.
5. Officially begin the holiday season at the Mayor’s Holiday Celebration this Friday, Dec. 2! Head to City Hall’s Hermann Square for Mayor Sylvester Turner’s official tree lighting ceremony, along with music, fireworks, Santa and more. This is free and open to the public!
6. Get some holiday shopping done at Holiday on 19th Street in Houston on Dec. 3. This event is free and open to the public. Live music will take place all day, and there will be family-friendly activities, real snow, cocktails, and surprises in every store. Have fun and support local business!
For more holiday events taking place this month in Houston, check out this list from Visit Houston Texas. As you can see, there are tons of options, so choose the one that sounds most fun and convenient for your schedule!
Enjoy your holiday season in Houston, and when you’re ready to accomplish your real estate market goals, contact us. We are a team of local real estate agents, standing by to help you with all of your home-buying and home-selling needs. Whether it’s during the holiday season or after, we are always ready to help!