When selling your home, it’s important to note the benefits of staging it to sell. While this isn’t a necessary step to take as a home seller, it could certainly help attract buyers and get your home sold faster! As your Keller Williams Memorial real estate team, we are here to offer you weekly real estate tips, so your home-selling or home-buying process goes as smoothly as possible.
The National Association of Realtors surveyed members to release the latest stats in home staging, and whether it’s worth it for sellers to take the time to stage their homes or not. Here were some of their findings:
From seller’s agents:
25% of sellers paid to have their homes staged before listing
50% of staged homes saw a 1-10% increase in dollar value offers from buyers
From buyer’s agents:
- 77% said staging made it easier for buyers to visualize the home as their own
- 44% saw an increase of 1-10% in dollar value offers on a staged home
- 40% of buyers were more willing to visit a home they saw online if it was staged
- 38% saw a positive impact on home value if home is decorated to buyer’s taste
As you can see, staging your home to sell doesn’t promise you a quick sale, but it could attract more buyers, and it could definitely help buyers visualize living in your home!
The top rooms to stage to attract more buyers including the living room, master bedroom, kitchen and dining room.
Here are some basic home-selling principles:
1. Declutter your home. Remove anything you no longer need or use, and spend extra time on areas of the house that tend to collect clutter, like closets, garage, basement, cabinets, countertops and tables.
2. Clean your entire home from top to bottom until it is as spotless and sparkling as possible! This includes inside every nook and cranny, because buyers look in all of them.
3. Neutralize. Remove family photos, children’s art drawings, refrigerator reminders/coupons, piles of bills, and store away child or pet toys. You want buyers to feel like they’re in their potential home, not in your home.
Here’s how to take it up a notch with staging:
1. In the living room, remove all cluttering objects and just stage a few items on an end table or coffee table, such as a pot of flowers, coasters and a couple attractive books.
2. Remove clutter from the master bedroom and make the bed with numerous decorative pillows. Stage the nightstands with a simple alarm clock and eye mask.
3. Stage the dining room by setting the table for a meal with visually appealing tableware and a centerpiece.
4. Remove clutter from kitchen counters and display a bowl of lemons or green apples for a burst of color.
For more staging and home-selling tips, give us a call, your Houston real estate team! We are here to help you sell your home in the Houston real estate market.