The KW Memorial real estate team is here to help you accomplish your home-buying goals in the Houston real estate market year-round! If you think that you have to wait to buy a home until spring, think again. We’re here to fill you in on why this holiday season or winter season may be the best time for you to snag a deal!
With less real estate activity during the holidays and in the winter months, you may think that you will not find a home that you want to buy. But there are numerous perks to buying now as well, if you do find a home that you love! Check out some of the perks:
- You’ve got less competition. Sure, there are typically fewer homes on the market during the holidays, but there are also fewer buyers to compete with! If you find a home you love and want to buy, you might have more negotiating power if no other buyer is bidding on that home as well. If you wait until spring, you will very likely be dealing with multiple offers being placed on each home.
- Sellers are motivated. There are typically fewer buyers and sellers in the winter months, but that means if a home is on the market, that seller is most likely motivated to sell! If not, they’d probably wait until after the holidays to list. They may need to relocate on a specific timeline. When this is the case, again, you will find that you have more negotiating power to get a closing done quickly.
- There are tax advantages. If you want to reap the tax rewards of buying a home, the sooner you buy, the better! If you close on a home by year’s end, you can start enjoying the tax perks come April and beyond. You can deduct mortgage interest, property taxes and more.
- You’ll see the house in its true state. It’s easy to make a home look gorgeous in the spring or summer, when trees are budding and the grass is lush. However, it’s wise to view a home in what may be its ‘ugliest’ time of year as well, when it’s dark outside and plant life diminishes. How warm is the house? How bright is the house? You can take note of flaws that otherwise may be hidden.
- Professionals are at the ready. Because real estate slows down during the holidays, if you find a home to purchase now, the closing process may run much faster and smoother than if you wait until spring. Wither fewer clients, agents, mortgage lenders, inspectors, appraisers, etc. will have a more flexible schedule for helping you.
Ready to buy a home in Houston TX? Have questions about the Houston real estate market? Ready to find an agent to help you out? Contact us, the Keller Williams Memorial real estate team! We are here and ready to help you year-round with your home-buying and home-selling needs!