Have you made dinner reservations for Valentine’s Day in Houston yet? It’s wise to book early, as it is a very popular week for couples to dine out! Plus, numerous Houston restaurants host events or feature special prix fixe menus on and leading up to Feb. 14.
To help you plan, as your local real estate team, we’ve put together a list of some of the options that sounded best to us. Here are a few of our Valentine’s Day picks:
You’ve got two options. You can enjoy the Couple’s Menu Feb. 10-13, which costs $95 per couple, or you could choose the Valentine’s Day menu on Feb. 14, which costs $75 per person. Each menu has its own delectable options, so choose which sounds best to you and make reservations!
Either indulge in a seven-course prix fixe weekend brunch on Saturday or Sunday, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., or enjoy the Valentine’s Dinner on Friday, Saturday or Tuesday evening. The buffet costs $45 per person and the dinner costs $145 per couple.
From Friday, Feb. 10, through Tuesday, Feb. 14, you can take part in the $90 Valentine’s Day menu. It is five courses, from Maine lobster to Valrhona chocolate praline éclair with chocolate chunk hazelnut ice cream and pistachio sauce. All of your taste buds will be satisfied!
Make reservations for two and enjoy an authentic Cajun cuisine with a unique Texas twist. Surprise your loved one with a traditional Southern Louisiana-style cooking fused with a Texas twist concept called “Tex-Orleans cooking.
You won’t find a more romantic ambiance than in this historic 113-year-old log cabin set on beautiful grounds! Enjoy the regular menu during lunch, or partake in the special four-course dinner for $89 per person. Dinner takes place from 5 to 9:30 p.m. on Feb. 14.
For a more affordable, less ritzy option, head to their Feast of Love on Feb. 13 or 14. This includes a shared appetizer, two entrees, a shared dessert and a bottle of wine or sparkling wine for $60. Reservations are not accepted here, so get there early and plan to possibly have to wait!
For more dining options on Valentine’s Day in Houston, check out this Houston Press guide. Do you have another favorite romantic dining spot that we missed? Leave a comment and share!
Enjoy your romantic month, and when ready to accomplish your real estate market goals, contact us. What is more romantic than buying the home of your dreams? We are here and ready to help you!
Are your kids getting cabin fever this winter in Houston? Plan a fun day out as a family! Whether you just moved to Houston, and want to explore your new city, of you’ve lived here for years and want to try something new, we’ve got an option for you.
From museums, theater, outdoor attractions and more, there is something that your kids will love. As your local real estate team, allow us to introduce you to some of our favorite options for families!
Houston is a wonderful city for kids and families to thrive in. Let us help you find the perfect home for your family. Contact us, your local real estate team, for all of your home-buying and home-selling needs this year!
Now that the hustle and bustle of the holiday season is over, what better what to recoup and rejuvenate than with free or affordable yoga classes in Houston?
The holidays are expensive, so we understand if you’re not looking to spend a lot of money right now, especially if you’re saving up for a down payment on a home! Also, we know a lot of people make healthy resolutions for the New Year. Free yoga is the perfect solution to both.
As your local real estate team, allow us to share some free or affordable yoga options for you around Houston. You deserve to rejuvenate a bit this month!
1. Every Sunday at 11 a.m., Lululemon offers a complimentary yoga flow class, featuring different local studios and instructors each week. They’ve even got extra mats if you don’t have one!
2. This Thursday, Jan. 12, head to the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston for a presentation on Pranayama yoga and the power of breath. This is presented by MD Anderson Cancer Center. Wear comfortable clothes and bring a yoga mat!
3. Acro Yoga Houston has all sorts of pop-up yoga classes around Houston most nights of the week, with a donation of only $5 suggested. Grab your partner and check out the ongoing classes and special events!
4. Fit Athletic Club has two Houston locations and offers free pass for fitness classes, including yoga, Pilates, Zumba, boot camp and more, along with infusion classes of more than one style.
5. Black Swan Yoga is a donation-based yoga studio that is always affordable. A suggested donation of $10 to $20 is suggested for drop-in classes, and there is also an affordable membership price.
6. If you’re not specifically looking for yoga, F3 Cross Training offers a Free Community Workout twice a month! The next one is Jan. 21, then Feb. 4 and Feb. 18, each at 10 a.m. Enjoy a mixture of cardo, weightlifting, gymnastics and more, for 60 minutes.
7. Free yoga classes won’t start back up at Discovery Green until March, but every Monday in March and beyond, enjoy a free yoga class from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Bring a mat or purchase one on site. Until then, enjoy a night of ice skating, which is a fun way to get a workout in as well!
Whether you are looking to ring in the New Year with your entire family, or at an adults-only celebration, there are plenty of options in Houston. As your local real estate team, allow us to help you plan! Here is a selection of the events taking place around Houston this Saturday, Dec. 31:
1. Celebrate New Year’s Eve early with the kids by bringing them to the Children’s Museum of Houston. From 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., they can enjoy a NYE Bash of their own! At the stroke of noon, there will be a parade and a shimmering ball drop. There is a pre-show and an after-party as well.
2. You can also bring the kids to Noon Year’s Eve at Memorial City Mall! This celebration runs from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Head over to the fireplace for live music, arts and crafts, treats and more. When the clock strikes noon, your whole family can enjoy a lemonade toast and a special balloon drop.
3. In the evening, head to The Square at Memorial City from 9:30 p.m. to 12:30 a.m. Enjoy live music on The Square, a screening of the ball drop from Times Square on the big screen, and a champagne toast at midnight. Rickey Davis Band will be playing Frank Sinatra hits to keep it classy! There will also be interactive stations to enjoy and drinks to purchase.
4. Silver Street Studio in Houston is throwing an all-inclusive party, The H-Town Countdown, for the fourth year in a row. Enjoy live music from Austin cover band LC Rocks, plus DJs from Houston’s 104.1 KRBE. Tickets also include an open premium bar, a midnight champagne toast, a balloon drop and more. Tickets cost $125 and the event runs from 9 p.m. to 3 a.m.
5. New Year’s Eve at CITYCENTRE in Houston will run from 9:30 p.m. until 12:30 a.m. There will be lots happening at area restaurants and lounges. In the plaza, you can enjoy a live performance from Bristol Fashion. Then at midnight, enjoy a confetti drop as your celebrate the New Year! This is a safe, family-friendly event.
6. Do you love a good theme night? Head to Hotel Derek for an 80’s Prom NYE Party! Doors open at 7 p.m. and DJs will spin from 8 p.m. to 1 a.m. General admission tickets cost $125 and include a buffet dinner, a spiked punch fountain, a candy and dessert station and a champagne toast at midnight.
There are plenty more parties taking place around the city, so find one that still has tickets and plan your big afternoon or night out! As your local real estate team, we are excited to help you achieve your real estate market goals in 2017. As soon as you are ready to buy or sell, or both, or if you have questions, don’t hesitate to contact us! Happy New Year!
The holiday season has officially begun in Houston! As your local real estate team, we want to fill you in on the fun, festive holiday festivals coming up in the month of December, so that you can get out and enjoy all that the Houston area has to offer this time of year. The city is lit up for the holidays, but the weather is usually still warm, so we get to enjoy the best of both worlds!
Mark your calendar for these holiday festivals taking place in the Houston area this season:
1. Festival of Lights takes place now through Jan. 8 at Moody Gardens, and it is the Gulf Coast’s largest holiday lighting event! Enjoy a 100-foot slide, ice skating and a mile-long trail of over one million lights and sound-animated displays. It is a beautiful sight over Galveston Bay and worth the drive.
2. Head to Houston Zoo now through Jan. 14 to view Zoo Lights! Enjoy festive holiday music while you sip hot chocolate and view thousands of holiday lights on the oak trees, animated animal sculptures, colorful projections over 15 feet tall and more. You might view a few nocturnal animals, too!
3. Magical Winter Lights is Houston’s largest holiday light festival, and it is the largest lantern festival of its kind in the entire country. This runs now through Jan. 8 at Gulf Greyhound Park. Walk through this year’s six themed sections, including Magical Wonderland, Dinosaur Land and more. It also includes 3-D art installation, acrobatic performances, amusement rides and so much more!
4. There is little you won’t find at Winterfest at Typhoon Texas in Katy. Take a short drive for the Miracle of Christmas 4D Show, the WinterFest Express Train Ride, the Reindeer Run Big Slide, a petting zoo, pony rides, Santa’s Workshop, hay rides, ice skating, miles of holiday lights and more.
5. Officially begin the holiday season at the Mayor’s Holiday Celebration this Friday, Dec. 2! Head to City Hall’s Hermann Square for Mayor Sylvester Turner’s official tree lighting ceremony, along with music, fireworks, Santa and more. This is free and open to the public!
6. Get some holiday shopping done at Holiday on 19th Street in Houston on Dec. 3. This event is free and open to the public. Live music will take place all day, and there will be family-friendly activities, real snow, cocktails, and surprises in every store. Have fun and support local business!
For more holiday events taking place this month in Houston, check out this list from Visit Houston Texas. As you can see, there are tons of options, so choose the one that sounds most fun and convenient for your schedule!
Enjoy your holiday season in Houston, and when you’re ready to accomplish your real estate market goals, contact us. We are a team of local real estate agents, standing by to help you with all of your home-buying and home-selling needs. Whether it’s during the holiday season or after, we are always ready to help!
Have you gotten out much this month in Houston? Start 2016 as a social butterfly, not a couch potato! There are so many great events and activities taking place around Houston this month, and every month. So spend time with your family or friends, or go out to meet new people, especially if you recently relocated to the Houston area.
As your local real estate team, we put together this list of upcoming events in the second half of January:
Choose which events sound most exciting to you from this list, and then head out and enjoy yourself!
If you’re feeling down about the holidays being over in Houston, as your local real estate team, we’re here to cheer you up! Houston is beautiful year-round, which is why there are still plenty of events and activities for you to enjoy all month long. So put your new wardrobe to use by getting out and enjoy all that Houston has to offer this January!
Here are some options:
If you enjoy holiday light displays, get excited! You can enjoy Field of Light at Discovery Green until Feb. 21! Internationally-acclaimed artist Bruce Munro has installed this display along the Brown Promenade, complete with 4,500 frosted glass spheres atop stems connected by illuminated fiber optic. They bloom once the sun goes down! There are live performances all season long at the display as well.
Head to Galveston between Jan. 9 and Jan. 23 for Galveston Restaurant Week! Participating restaurants will offer prix-fixe lunch and dinner menus anywhere from $10 to $40. This area of Texas is most noted for its seafood, so there will be many of those options! If you post a photo of your food to Instagram, you could even win a cruise giveaway for two. Start making reservations!
From Jan. 8 to Jan 10, you can enjoy the Houston Symphony’s Tribute to John Williams at Jones Hall. John Williams has written some of the most famous soundtracks in cinematic history, such as from Jurassic Park, Jaws, E.T., Star Wars and Harry Potter. Enjoy all of your favorite movie soundtracks from our own Houston Symphony! It’s anybody’s guess which song will be in your head when you go home.
Here in Houston, you don’t have to bundle up in layers when you want to go ice skating! Throw a sweater on and head over to Ice at Discovery Green through Feb. 7. The 7,716-square-foot rink is the largest in the Southwest, is made with recycled water from Kinder Lake, and is kept at the perfect frozen temperature using renewable energy. It’s open daily and skate rentals are available.
Do you think you have a good voice? Start practicing then, because NBC’s ‘The Voice’ auditions take place in Houston on Jan. 9! They are looking for solo artists and duos to perform any type of music. They want to know your story and why you should be The Voice. Make sure you’re eligible to be a contestant on the show, and then sign up for an audition! They’ll take place at Minute Maid Park.
As you can see, there are still plenty of events around Houston to enjoy and look forward to.
We’ve got less than half a month to go before the holidays in Houston. That means your time is limited to enjoy all of the holiday events left this December! As your local real estate team, we are here to fill you in. Gather your family and friends and get out to enjoy all that Houston has to offer this festive time of year. The shopping and wrapping can wait!
For more holiday event options, check out the Visit Houston website. Enjoy what’s left of the holiday season here in Houston as much as possible, it only comes around once a year!
Has the holiday spirit reached you yet? Ready to celebrate the holiday season here in Houston? As your local real estate team, we are here to fill you in on all of the holiday festivals taking place around Houston this month. You’ve got plenty to choose from, so pull out your calendar and make time for some holiday fun with family or friends.
This Weekend in Houston
Ongoing in Houston
Enjoy your weekend in Houston while making your way to one, two or many holiday events taking place around the Houston area.
Thanksgiving is just about a week away here in Houston. Do you have some days off work next week? Do you have kids off from school? As your local real estate team, allow us to fill you in on some of the best events happening around town. Plan ahead and enjoy your holiday week!
Wednesday, November 25:
Thursday, November 26
Friday, November 27:
For more events taking place all week and weekend, check out this list from Houston on the Cheap. Enjoy planning your Thanksgiving holiday!