We’ve got less than half a month to go before the holidays in Houston. That means your time is limited to enjoy all of the holiday events left this December! As your local real estate team, we are here to fill you in. Gather your family and friends and get out to enjoy all that Houston has to offer this festive time of year. The shopping and wrapping can wait!
- Dec. 18 and 19, enjoy a progressive Christmas dinner at Campfire Christmas! It’ll include dinner, music, hay rides and exclusive evening tours of the 1890s Davis Victorian Museum and the 1930s George Ranch Home. Finish up with dessert around a campfire with George Ranch cowboys.
- Dec. 18 through 20, the Houston Symphony will bring you Handel’s Messiah. You’ll hear arias and choruses from “O Thou That Tellest Good Tidings to Zion,” “Rejoice Greatly,” “Hallelujah” and more. Special lighting will recreate the candle-lit style of Handel’s 1700s. These performances take place at Jones Hall, with performances at 2:30 and 8 p.m.
- Visit the Children’s Museum of Houston on Dec. 20 to Meet Santa’s Reindeer! The museum will host a live reindeer for the whole family to meet. Come hear the sleigh bells and learn more about Santa’s reindeer that took a wild turn to the museum before Christmas Eve. This takes place from noon to 4 p.m. On Dec. 19, Santa Claus will be at the museum for photos.
- If you’ve got a Santa suit lying around, sign up for the Santa Hustle on Dec. 20 in Galveston! Half marathon and 5K runners will compete in Santa suits and beards as they run along the island’s beautiful coast and historic streets. Runners can enjoy holiday music as they run, and there will be cookie and candy stations available to stop at. Participants receive a free Santa hat, beard and t-shirt.
- Don’t forget to plan your New Year’s Eve in Houston! Houston FirstSM Presents New Year’s Eve throughout Houston’s Theater District. The B52’s, the “world’s greatest party band,” will sing timeless hits all night long. An early celebration will take place in the Family Zone on Jones Plaza with dancing, games and more. Then grownups can sip bubbly and toast in the Bubbly Garden.
- Bring your kids to the Children’s Museum of Houston on New Year’s Eve for their very own Rockin’ New Year’s celebration just for kids! Ring in the New Year at the stroke of noon on Dec. 31 with a parade and shimmering ball drop, just like Times Square. Then bring the kids home for an early night to bed, so your adult fun can begin!
For more holiday event options, check out the Visit Houston website. Enjoy what’s left of the holiday season here in Houston as much as possible, it only comes around once a year!