How often do you get out and enjoy the culinary scene in Houston? As your Houston real estate team, we are well aware of how many delicious restaurants are located in the area! We’re also aware of how expensive it would get if you tried a new restaurant every night.
Fortunately, food and beverage events abound in the Houston area! In fact, there are numerous events happening just this week, which allow you to savor delicious flavors and sip on delicious wine and beer. Choose one or a few that sound interesting to you and wet your palate!
- In the mood for some sophisticated food and wine tonight? Make reservations for the Scarpetta Wine Dinner at Backstreet Café! Dinner includes scallop crudo, pan-seared grouper and sausage-stuffed pork belly, along with wine pairings from Scarpetta Winery and a reception before dinner.
- Ring in the new month at the Iron Sommelier Grand Tasting on Thursday, Oct. 1! Thirteen sommeliers will compete, transforming the Houstonian Hotel into a fine-wining experience. Proceeds benefit The Periwinkle Foundation at Texas Children’s Hospital, and you get to enjoy sipping on wine all night!
- Chili season is coming. Attend the Robb Walsh Chili Cookbook Release Party on Friday, Oct. 2! For $25, you will receive a signed copy of Walsh’s newest cookbook, El Real Tex-Mex, and a Frito pie. The recipe is stocked with traditional Texas chili recipes, along with every other kind of chili you can imagine.
- Friday, enjoy a dinner and movie at Quattro! You can enjoy the romantic musical Grease while feasting on a five-course meal. Beverage packages are offered as well. Make reservations!
- Devour delicious barbecue for a great cause on Saturday, Oct. 3, at Q for a Cause Barbecue! Head to Lucky’s Pub from noon to 4 p.m. and purchase delicious barbecue from Pappa Charles Barbecue and Feges BBQ. Profits benefit the U.S. Vets Initiative.
- Sylvia’s Enchilada Kitchen is offering fall cooking classes, and on Saturday, you can learn the basics of cooking tamales! The class includes a full meal of tamales, enchiladas, dessert and a margarita. Sign up for this class or future classes.
- Celebrate the weekend at the Beer and BBQ Fest at Brenner’s on Saturday! This outdoor fest includes beer samples from nine featured breweries, barbecue and live music from Play It 4Ward. But tickets and then head to Brenner’s on the Bayou from 3 to 6 p.m.
- The 2015 Autumn Art & Texas Wine Festival takes place Saturday and Sunday! It showcases Texas wineries, craft beers, local art, crafts and more. The event is free to attend, and wine tasting tickets are $25 in advance. This gets you a wine glass and seven tastings. It takes place at Old Town Spring!
Enjoy these food and beverage events taking place this week and weekend in Houston, and report back to us on how the food, wine and beer tasted at the event you attended! As your Houston real estate team, we love to keep up with local events and residents.
We also love to help Houston residents accomplish their real estate goals! When ready to buy a home, sell your home, or both, give us a call!