Have you gotten out much this month in Houston? Start 2016 as a social butterfly, not a couch potato! There are so many great events and activities taking place around Houston this month, and every month. So spend time with your family or friends, or go out to meet new people, especially if you recently relocated to the Houston area.
As your local real estate team, we put together this list of upcoming events in the second half of January:
- Theatre Under the Stars presents The Bridges of Madison County, one of the most romantic stories ever written. It’s now a two-time Tony award-winning Broadway musical, and it is in Houston now through Jan. 31! Get your tickets in advance for the best possible seats.
- Bayou Preservation Association will kick off its 50th anniversary with a gathering on Jan. 21, named “Laura Day.” Beginning at 5:30 p.m. at the historic Houston Cotton Exchange Building downtown, you can enjoy cocktails and light bites as you mix and mingle. Other events will take place throughout the year.
- This weekend, Jan. 22 through Jan. 24, is the International Gem & Jewelry Show in Houston! Head to NRG Center to view manufacturers, designers and wholesalers all under one roof. Browse among the largest selection of jewelry at the lowest prices. Admission is free for active duty military and veterans. Otherwise, admission costs $6 to $8.
- Saturday and Sunday, Jan. 23 and 24, bring the whole family to Lone Star Convention & Expo Center for the Houston Exotic Reptile and Pet Show! This brings together thousands of reptiles, amphibians, insects and more under one roof in Houston. Go just to view them, or consider purchasing some of these exotic animals as interesting pets!
- On Jan. 30 and 31, plan to attend Vintique Flea: Winter Edition. It returns to Silver Street Studios, complete with industrial, architectural salvage, vintage, antiques, interior design items and more, along with food trucks, beer and wine. Make a day of it! You might find some great new decorations for your Houston home.
- Also on Jan. 30 and 31 is the 6th Annual Sugar Land Home & Garden Show! Homeowners can brainstorm on how they’d like to modify their homes this year. From appliances and countertops, to patio pavers and sunrooms, you’ll get all sorts of remodeling ideas. It could increase home value for when you’re ready to sell!
Choose which events sound most exciting to you from this list, and then head out and enjoy yourself!