Can you believe July is half over in Houston? As your Houston real estate team, we recommend that you take advantage of all the summertime you have left by getting out and enjoying all that Houston has to offer! So, we’ve put together a list of fun events coming up. Whip out your calendar and jot down the events that sound most appealing to you.
1. Saturday, July 18, head to NRG Park for the Best Damn Food Truck Festival Ever. This takes place from 4 to 9 p.m. and features a variety of food trucks, beers and live music. Tickets cost $36 and include all of your samples. You can eat as much as you want!
2. Saturday, July 18, get an early morning walk in with A Walk in the Woods from 8 to 9:30 a.m. Head to Memorial Park by the rugby/soccer field parking lot and join Bayou City Outdoors as they walk at a quick pace for an hour and a half. Bring water and wear tennis shoes. Afterward, the group goes out for coffee and brunch. It’s free to join the walk!
3. Also on Saturday, July 18, you can head to Discovery Green for the fifth annual Julydoscope! Attendees can enjoy a free evening of dance, music and film. Dance performances begin at 7 p.m., including high-energy multi-dance companies, and the movie screening begins at 8:45 p.m. On the southeast corner of Discovery Green, on the same evening, is Flea By Night, a free monthly flea market.
4. On Saturday, July 25, head to the intersection of Dike Road and Skyline Drive for the Texas City Kite Festival! From 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., you can participate in kite flying competitions, a kiteboarding hydrofoil race, a powered paragliding exhibition, and the world’s first-ever tanker surfing competition. There will be food and drink vendors as well. The fest is free to attend!
5. On Saturday, July 25, City Dance will turn its space into a dinner theater! Enjoy fine southern cuisine while enjoying City Dance Company and narrator Kate Pogue as they perform a tale of one Southern woman who journeys from the pre-Civil rights era to the present day. It’s titled “June Bug: A Ballet” and admission costs $40 in advance or $45 at the door.
Enjoy the next two weekends of July in Houston with this handy list. When ready to buy a Houston home, or when ready to sell your Houston home, contact us, your Houston real estate team! We are here and ready to help you all summer long.