How will you be spending your summer months in Houston? If you’re looking for ways to keep the kids occupied, there are plenty of kid-friendly activities coming up. If you’re looking for an adults day out, there are plenty of those, too!
As your Houston real estate team, we are here to share just five of the many events coming up in the Houston area. During the summer months, there is never a dull moment here in this thriving, exciting city.
Pull out your calendar and mark down the dates and times for these five upcoming events in Houston:
1. In Houston, you always have opportunities to expand your cultural knowledge! Coming up this Saturday, June 6, is the 5th Annual Caribbean Heritage Month Festival! From 2 to 10 p.m., you can celebrate the Caribbean, Latin and Spanish cultures with native music, cultural dancing and delicious food. Dance the night away to Reggae, Soca and Merengue Latin-Pop.
2. Enjoy live music? Buy your tickets to the two-day Free Press Summer Fest at Buffalo Bayou’s Eleanor Tinsley Park! Last year, the fest featured over 150 acts on eight stages and more than 60,000 attendees. This year, performance highlights include R. Kelly, Weezer, Chance the Rapper, St. Vincent, The Decemberists and more. It runs from 10:30 a.m. to 10 p.m. both days.
3. Beer lovers will unite at Houston Beer Fest on June 13 and 14 at Hermann Square! Sample beers either day from noon to 4 p.m., with featured breweries offering samplings until 6 p.m. If you don’t like beer, you can purchase a music-only ticket, which allows you to enjoy the festival sans beer tasting. You can purchase beer, wine and spirits from full bars set up during festival hours.
4. On June 13, head to MKT BAR at Phoenicia Specialty Foods in Downtown Houston for their first-ever Saturday Morning Kids Variety Show series! From 9 to 10:30 a.m., kids ages four and up can enjoy live music, magic and more, created especially for them! If you can’t make it on this day, there will be a show July 11 and Aug. 8 as well.
5. Trying to reach some health goals this summer? Visit the Eat Well, Play Well at the Health Museum! Learn the science behind making healthy food choices and finding fun and interesting ways to stay active this season. You’ll learn about serving sizes, find out what it takes to burn calories, learn how to reduce risk of diseases and more. It’s educational and interactive!
Continue to have a blast all summer long in Houston! When ready to take some time to achieve your goals in the Houston real estate market, we’re happy to help you out. Whether you want to buy a Houston home, sell your Houston home, or both, as your Houston real estate team, we are here when you need us!