Has the holiday spirit reached you yet? Ready to celebrate the holiday season here in Houston? As your local real estate team, we are here to fill you in on all of the holiday festivals taking place around Houston this month. You’ve got plenty to choose from, so pull out your calendar and make time for some holiday fun with family or friends.
This Weekend in Houston
- This Friday night, visit the Mayor’s Holiday Celebration at City Hall’s Hermann Square! Mayor Annise Parker’s event will include the official tree lighting ceremony, holiday music, a fireworks show and more. This is free and open to the public, and it runs from 6 to 8 p.m.
- Also this Friday night is Holiday on 19th Street! The 19th Street Merchants invite you to shop, sip and stroll with family and friends to enjoy holiday music, food and more. It’s free to attend and takes place from 6 to 10 p.m.
- If you love Charles Dickens, you’ll love Dickens on the Strand! From Dec. 4 through Dec. 6, you can walk into the world of Charles Dickens’ Victorian London at The Strand. Characters from Dickens novels will be walking the streets while you enjoy food and entertainment, including parades, six stages of performances, strolling carolers, bagpipers, jugglers and so much more.
Ongoing in Houston
- The Festival of Lights in Galveston is worth the drive! It’s the Gulf Coast’s largest holiday lighting event, complete with a 100-foot slide, ice skating, a mile-long trail of lights and sound-enhanced animated displays, photos with Santa, and snow every Friday night! It runs from now through Jan. 10.
- Zoo Lights takes place at the Houston Zoo each December, as the zoo transforms into a winter wonderland. Enjoy colorful light displays, holiday music, hot chocolate and more as you stroll through the zoo at night. Highlights include colorful projections over 15 feet tall, life-sized animated animal sculptures and thousands of twinkling lights. You can try to spot nocturnal animals as well! This runs from now through Jan. 9.
- Magical Winter Lights is new this year at the Sam Houston Race Park! Admire a world full of giant, lit up lanterns. Walk through the magical lanterns, and then take a stroll around the world through Americas, from South America to Houston, Dinosaur Land, Africa, Asia, Australia and Europe. It’s like nothing you’ve seen before. This runs from now through Jan. 10.
Enjoy your weekend in Houston while making your way to one, two or many holiday events taking place around the Houston area.