If you’ve decided that this is the year you’re going to sell your home, allow us to help you prepare for a home sale! As your local real estate team, we know that certain steps can be taken by you, before you even list, which may help achieve a successful sale.
Here are five that HouseLogic recently recommended:
1. Get a home inspection. Once you accept a buyer’s offer, that buyer will more than likely have a home inspection done. This isn’t a requirement from you. However, it is often worth the small cost you will pay for a pre-sale inspection, especially if your home is older. If any issues come up in the inspection, you know what you have to work with.
2. Get replacement estimates. If issues do come up in the home inspection, you can get estimates for the work now, so that you can share this helpful information with buyers. It’d also be helpful to track down warranties, manuals, etc. for any appliances that you’ll be leaving in the home, such as a furnace, washer and dryer, dishwasher and so on.
3. Make repairs. Whether they are repairs that are needed after a home inspection, or just minor repairs you know need to be done around the house, doing these before you list your home will give buyers less to gripe about, which means less of a reason to lower the closing price. Fix squeaky doors, replace torn screens, replace burnt light bulbs, fix dripping faucets and so on.
4. Declutter. This one is always on a list of home-selling prep. All homebuyers tend to collect clutter over the years, so before you try to sell your Houston home, it’s wise to declutter as much as possible. Go through every room in your house, including closets, the basement, attic, garage, under the bed, cabinets and drawers, and get rid of anything that you don’t need, want or use.
5. Clean and organize. Once the clutter is gone, giving your whole home a thorough cleaning is a much easier job. Wash all of the windows and air out the home. Dust, scrub floors and bathrooms, power wash your exterior, you name it. After you clean, organize what you have left. As your local real estate team, we can offer you advice on staging your home to sell!
As you can see, there are some steps you can complete now, so that when you’re ready to sell your home in Houston, your home will be ready to list! If you have questions, or you’re ready to sell now, contact us. We are always here and ready to help you out in any way that we can!