After the holidays, it’s easy to fall into a funk where you just want to be a couch potato for a bit and put off all of this year’s goals. But if selling your home is a goal for you in 2018, it may be smart to sell sooner than later! Winter may not seem like the ideal season for selling, but it actually provides many perks for sellers.
As your Keller Williams Memorial real estate team, allow us to fill you in on what some of these perks are:
1. Demand is strong from buyers right now. Home prices have been predicted to continue increasing in 2018, along with mortgage rates, so buyers are out and eager to buy now, while they can still afford to. When you sell in the winter, you’ll be dealing with serious buyers rather than browsers.
2. There is less competition from sellers. Fewer people sell and buy in the winter, only the serious ones are out, which means you’ll have less competition from other sellers! This leads to more buyers viewing your home. The closer we get to spring, the more listings and competition you’ll be dealing with.
3. The process is quicker. With fewer buyers and sellers, the Houston real estate market isn’t as saturated. Therefore, the closing process may happen a lot quicker. Agents, mortgage lenders, appraisers, inspectors, etc. will be less busy and can help you get your home sold faster.
4. It’s the ideal time to move up. Remember when we mentioned why buyers are out and eager right now? Prices and rates are expected to increase. Therefore, if you want to sell your home so that you can move up to a bigger or more expensive home, you’ll want to do that sooner to save as well!
5. It’s a great time to move on with your life. Everyone tends to set goals or resolutions for the new year. If one of your goals is to sell your home, you must have a good reason for it. Whatever yours is, why put it off and let life get in the way? Contact us today and let’s get going!
If you’re afraid your home doesn’t look as visually appealing in the winter, there are ways to improve that. Buyers want bright and cozy this time of year. Wash your windows, replace all burnt out bulbs and keep all lights on for showings. Keep the heat turned up on chilly days and nights. Display some extra pillows on your couch and bed or plush throw rugs on your hardwood floors. There are some great ways to attract the attention of buyers this time of year!
If you have questions about the Houston real estate market, or you’re ready to begin the home-selling process, contact us, your Keller Williams Memorial team! We are always here and ready to help you achieve your real estate goals.