Spring is the ideal season for selling your home. There are plenty of reasons for that, and as your Houston real estate team, we are here to fill you in on them. Also, we’re here to offer you tips on how to get your home sold fast.
Why to sell in spring:
- It’s the perfect time of year. While both buyers and sellers tend to taper off in the winter season, due to holidays, kids being in school and shorter days, they tend to reappear in the spring. The days get longer, the grass is green, the flowers are in bloom, kids will be out of school soon, and buyers are out and ready to get going!
- The market is in condition to sell. Home values have been steadily increasing over the past year, and most homeowners are above equity now. Buyers are eager to buy now, before prices and mortgage rates continue to rise. If you want to sell so that you can buy another house, you should try to do so before rates increase as well!
- You’ve got a new group of buyers. While it’s true that there have been buyers out and eager to buy all winter, and not enough homes to fill their needs, a whole new group of buyers appear in the springtime. These are buyers who wait until inventory increases in spring, and families who want to close around the end of the school year. The number of millennial first-time buyers in the market is finally increasing as well!
As you can see, there are a lot of factors that make spring a great season for selling your home. To help you prepare for the process, here are some tips:
- Amp up your curb appeal. The beauty of spring is a huge benefit to selling this season, so use it to your advantage. Add color to your yard and front entryway with potted flowers, trimmed bushes and a green, manicured lawn.
- Eliminate clutter and stage to sell. Try to look at your home as a buyer, or ask for a neutral opinion to see what areas of your house need work. Remove as much clutter as you can, rearrange furniture to present each room in its best light, and clean and organize everything.
- Price to sell. While there are more buyers than sellers in the Houston real estate market, that doesn’t mean you can list your house for an outlandish amount. Buyers are still looking for deals! Your home should be priced comparable to similar homes in the area. We can help with that!
When ready to sell your home this spring or summer, contact us for help. As your Houston real estate team, we are here and ready to help you through the entire home-selling process.