With spring here and summer on the way, you might be brainstorming ways to spruce up your home’s front porch! If you’re lucky enough to have a front porch, you should take advantage. This is a great place to start your day with a cup of coffee, or unwind from your day with a book. It’s also a great way to boost your home’s curb appeal when you go to sell in the Houston real estate market.
As your Keller Williams Memorial real estate team, we’re here to offer you some suggestions:
1. Hang art outside. Art doesn’t have to be just for the walls in your interior! Artwork, especially derived or made to look like nature, is perfect for hanging on your exterior, under a front porch. Just be sure to choose a wall that will remain a dry, weather-proofed space.
2. Set up a table. If there is space on your front porch, you don’t have to just keep it to random chairs or benches. Set up a bistro, cocktail or side table with some chairs, and make it a great place to entertain guests with a game of cards or an after-dinner cocktail.
3. Create a porch fire pit. Table fire features are growing in popularity and are a great elegant feature to add to your front porch. They are also pretty safe, and will keep you warm and cozy in the colder months!
4. Hang fun lighting. Flush-mount lighting is not your only lighting option when it comes to the front porch. Try modern options, like a chic pendant light or lanterns, or hang strings of bistro lights to give it a fun ambiance.
5. Brighten with paint. You can spruce the front porch space up with paint! You could paint the ceiling or the ground, or even the siding inside the front porch area for a burst of color. A striking color that accentuates nature, like a sky blue, helps increase depth and highlights architectural features.
6. Add wooden beams. Though these won’t work for all front porches, wooden beams add a rustic vibe to your front porch space. If worried about water damage, there are faux wooden beam options as well. They are better for keeping pests away, and don’t rot, but still give the look of wood!
For more front porch ideas, check out this realtor.com article. This is a great time of year for spending time on your front porch in Houston, so have fun and get creative on how to make your porch a more enjoyable place to hang out!
When ready to sell your home, when ready to buy, or when ready to do both simultaneously, contact our Keller Williams Memorial team. We’re here and ready to answer any questions you may have about the current Houston real estate market, and to guide you through the entire process, until your real estate goals become a reality! Give us a call today!