If you just recently moved to Houston after buying a Houston home, taking a tour of Houston would be a great way for you to get to know the area better. As your Houston real estate team, we’d like to share some information on the best tours in the city. Fortunately for newcomers to Houston, there are lots of tours to choose from! Pick a topic of interest and go from there.
- Discover Houston Tours are led by tour guide Sandra Lord, a residential expert who has been conducting tours since 1988. These tours take off from The Lancaster in Houston. Ticket prices vary, depending on which tour you choose. Heart of the Tunnel Walk takes place Monday through Friday, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Historic Downtown Pub Crawl takes place Monday through Saturday, 6 to 9 p.m. Around Downtown Tour takes place Tuesday through Thursday, 2 to 4:30 p.m. Tunnel Walk & Rail Tour is Monday, Thursday and Friday from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Ghost walks become available in October!
- Heritage Society Historic Homes Tour is one for the real estate enthusiasts! The Heritage Society owns eight historic structures in the heart of downtown Houston, dating from 1823 to 1905. Each structure is restored to reflect its original look. Tours of these structures are available Tuesdays through Saturdays at 10 a.m., 11:30 a.m., 1 p.m. and 2:30 p.m.
- Minute Maid Park Tours are an excellent option for Houston Astro fans, or just baseball or sports fans in general. You’ll get a behind-the-scenes look at Minute Maid Park, including the broadcasting booth, press boxes, dugouts, luxury suites, historic Union Station and more. Tours take place Monday through Saturday at 10 a.m., noon and 2 p.m.
- Segway Tours of Houston allow you to see a lot of Houston in a shorter amount of time, while riding around effortlessly on a segway. These tours take off from Wortham Theater Center daily at 10 a.m., noon, 2 p.m., 4 p.m. and 6 p.m.
- Saint Arnold Brewing Company Tours take place every Saturday for the beer enthusiasts! Support local brewing by stopping by anytime between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. on Saturdays for an open-house format. They also have an open house every weekday at 3 p.m. After each tour, you are invited to stay for a free tasting.
These are just some of the great tours available in Houston. When ready to buy a Houston home, give us a call, your Houston real estate team! We’d love to help you find the home of your dreams in this great city. Once you’re settled in, take a tour of Houston to learn more about the city and to meet others from the area. It’s a great way to settle into your new hometown.