Now that the hustle and bustle of the holiday season is over, what better what to recoup and rejuvenate than with free or affordable yoga classes in Houston?
The holidays are expensive, so we understand if you’re not looking to spend a lot of money right now, especially if you’re saving up for a down payment on a home! Also, we know a lot of people make healthy resolutions for the New Year. Free yoga is the perfect solution to both.
As your local real estate team, allow us to share some free or affordable yoga options for you around Houston. You deserve to rejuvenate a bit this month!
1. Every Sunday at 11 a.m., Lululemon offers a complimentary yoga flow class, featuring different local studios and instructors each week. They’ve even got extra mats if you don’t have one!
2. This Thursday, Jan. 12, head to the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston for a presentation on Pranayama yoga and the power of breath. This is presented by MD Anderson Cancer Center. Wear comfortable clothes and bring a yoga mat!
3. Acro Yoga Houston has all sorts of pop-up yoga classes around Houston most nights of the week, with a donation of only $5 suggested. Grab your partner and check out the ongoing classes and special events!
4. Fit Athletic Club has two Houston locations and offers free pass for fitness classes, including yoga, Pilates, Zumba, boot camp and more, along with infusion classes of more than one style.
5. Black Swan Yoga is a donation-based yoga studio that is always affordable. A suggested donation of $10 to $20 is suggested for drop-in classes, and there is also an affordable membership price.
6. If you’re not specifically looking for yoga, F3 Cross Training offers a Free Community Workout twice a month! The next one is Jan. 21, then Feb. 4 and Feb. 18, each at 10 a.m. Enjoy a mixture of cardo, weightlifting, gymnastics and more, for 60 minutes.
7. Free yoga classes won’t start back up at Discovery Green until March, but every Monday in March and beyond, enjoy a free yoga class from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Bring a mat or purchase one on site. Until then, enjoy a night of ice skating, which is a fun way to get a workout in as well!