Are your kids getting cabin fever this winter in Houston? Plan a fun day out as a family! Whether you just moved to Houston, and want to explore your new city, of you’ve lived here for years and want to try something new, we’ve got an option for you.
From museums, theater, outdoor attractions and more, there is something that your kids will love. As your local real estate team, allow us to introduce you to some of our favorite options for families!
- Children’s Museum of Houston – This is a given for kids, as it is 90,000 square feet of interactive, fun exhibits made specially for kids! Don’t tell them, but they’ll learn important skills while they play, like how to run a city, how to compile news reports, how to create gadgets and more. There is even a special section for tots age three and younger.
- Express Children’s Theater – This is a family staple in Houston, thanks to the wonderful productions this company puts on for families. They present their material in a way that keeps kids’ attention, that teaches them life lessons, and that entertains. Touring Feb. 8 through March 25 is Freedom Trail – In Celebration of Black History Month. April 17 through Aug. 19 is Sinbad the Sailor.
- Houston Zoo – Every kid loves a visit to the zoo, but Houston Zoo is an exception, as it was named one of the top 10 best zoos in the nation! Aside from viewing all of the wild animals on display, there is a special children’s zoo where kids can pet animals, play on the playground, see live demonstrations and watch shows, and there is a facility that gives kids a nose-to-nose experience with animals.
- The Chocolate Bar – What kid doesn’t like chocolate? How about chocolate cell phones, tools and cars? That’s what you’ll find at Houston’s Chocolate Bar. You can buy just about any object created out of rich chocolate, or you can check out the ice cream cooler, with dozens of homemade flavors. As kids pick out their sweet treasures, they can watch through a window in the back as products are made.
- The Galleria – While the Galleria isn’t especially fun for kids, the Little Galleria Play Area on the second level is! Bring the kids here to do their own shopping inside the miniature versions of Nordstrom, Macy’s, Williams Tower and other shops. They can also play in a soft foam area, with everything from slides to tunnels. Talk about a way to blow off some steam!
Houston is a wonderful city for kids and families to thrive in. Let us help you find the perfect home for your family. Contact us, your local real estate team, for all of your home-buying and home-selling needs this year!